Unattended candle cause of house fire in Saskatoon’s Caswell Hill neighbourhood – Saskatoon

0
Click to play video

[ad_1]

An unattended candle has been deemed the cause of a house fire in Saskatoon’s Caswell Hill neighbourhood on Friday.

A 911 call reported the blaze in the 600 block of Avenue F North at around 9:05 a.m.

Read more:
1 person injured in Saskatoon house fire caused by unattended candle

Members of the Saskatoon Fire Department said they arrived to find the exterior of the two-storey residential structure in flames.

The occupants of the house had evacuated after being warned by the smoke alarm, according to a press release.

Firefighters advanced a hose line to apply water to the exterior fire and remained on scene to ensure total extinguishment, the department said.

Story continues below advertisement

A fire investigator concluded an unattended candle was left in a main-floor bedroom.

The fire department said damage is estimated at roughly $250,000.






1 dead, 2 hospitalized after house fire in Saskatoon’s Nutana neighbourhood


1 dead, 2 hospitalized after house fire in Saskatoon’s Nutana neighbourhood


© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

[ad_2]

News Source

Also Read:  Canada Post says 950,000 customers exposed in data breach

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here